http://rougedebourg.blogspot.com/

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mood Board for my SIL - Idea#1

My SIL asked me to help her come up with some ideas for her formal living room.  She wants youthful elegance.  These are the beautiful windows in her living room and the two pieces of furniture she just purchased from Ethan Allen.




She really loves bold colors, but is not sure what she wants for this room.  I decided to do a couple of different mood boards to give some different styles we can bring to this room.  Here is the first mood board I put together using Olioboard.


I think a dark modern rug would bring these two different styles of furniture together, act as a neutral and keep it young looking.  You want this formal living room to be comfortable enough to walk into and sit, so you will use it, but don't want it too casual.

I would then bring in some brass pieces such as tables, lucite and brass bar cart and then add brass book ends to place on the mantel.  Four square ornate mirrors above the fire place to relect the beautiful view of these windows. 

To soften up the very masculin leather arm chair I would add a lambs skin throw to give it a soft texture and add a black/cream ikat pillow in silk to keep it chic.

The Ethan Allen sofa is lovely damask pattern in light green velvet.  On the sofa I would place a faux furry animal throw in brown to match the leather chair and to bring a dark color to that side of the room for balance.  Also would add some pillows in black, cream, brown velvet in modern prints to accent rug and leather arm chair.

I would then add two long panels of grey/green silk (matching color of sofa) with black velvet color block on bottom.  These curtains would frame the windows to be mounted in place, not functional.  To finish the room, hang a chandiler with a drum shade in white or black to keep it modern.   Last of course add some mirrored lamps to the room to glam it up.

Sorry for random thoughts, fragments and spelling errors have kids waiting for me!  Two to three more ideas to come soon for this room!  Think eggplant color, SIL's favorite color!!!

Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.